Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reflections on this winter we are having!

I must say this has not been a terrible winter thus far here in Fowler, Indiana, but it certainly has been very changeable! One day it goes from 30 to 55, then overnight it storms like in middle of summer, following by plummeting temps the next day and then snow. Well, then it warms up enough to spark more thunderstorms and melts the snow, then it gets cold again! It is a wonder we don't all have pneumonia! And this is all happening in January!!! Kind of makes one wonder when and if the other shoe will drop, and we will finally get winter. I kind of hope not. I have been spending an inordinate amount of time surfing the internet and discovering all kinds of great blogs and crafty websites lately. Getting lots of ideas and inspiration, but it occurred to me today that I should get off the computer and get busy crafting myself! I need to get organized and start making purses, and get my shop up and running on ETSY. Plus, in my web exploration, I found a few contests I would like to enter, all of which require me to actually MAKE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! Two of the three contests involve making purses, and the other is kind of an art quilt. A lot to bite off, which is not surprising for me, so we will see what happens. The next few months are going to fly by, I am sure, because I want to fit in a trip to Tennessee to see my granddaughters Sarah and Madi, as well as my daughter Jennifer. Plus, we want to go to Michigan if we can for birthdays for our other grandchildren Seraphine, Warrick and Rowan, in February, March and April. And, our 18th anniversary is February 12. And, I will need to be working on the flowers for my friend Megan's wedding coming up in May. Phew, I am getting exhausted already. Then, Steve and I are planning to take our first ever real vacation together in July while he is off during SIA's shutdown. We are having a bit of trouble planning it because it has to be somewhere we can also take Emma - too bad most places don't allow pets - Emma is nicer than some people I know so that makes it very unfair in my estimation!!!!  Speaking of Emma, the precious puppy girl spends most of her time sleeping on my lap, or draped across my shoulder while she perches on the back of the couch. Today, she threw up on me - it ran down my back - ick!!! Not sure what was going on with her, but she seems ok now.  Steve also has some races he wants to run, including his first marathon probably in October up in Detroit.  So, methinks I need to get up off the couch and do something!!!! I still haven't finished unpacking from our move in August, but as I already chronicled in earlier posts, life had been full of some pretty significant stressors, the biggest one of which was the illness and death of my momma a little more than two months ago now.  I seem to have slumped into a bit of depression over that and I know I need to get myself up and over that hump, with the help of the Lord and my wonderful hubby.  I have also gotten much comfort from my frequent conversations with my sister these past several months.  I feel closer to her than I ever have, which is wonderful!   I just heard the familiar sound of my turn coming up on Words with Friends that I am playing with several people on Facebook.  Here's hoping for productivity to TAKE OFF pretty quickly in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment